So, as any college resident will tell you, dorm food gets pretty old pretty fast. And being the independent and creative children that we are - we decided one day to bake cookies!!
The only problem? We have an oven, but no bowls, utensils, flour or other cookie-ish ingredients.
The solution?? Come on, this is America! ...unbaked cookies totally come in a packet! One quick trip to Wal-mart later, and here we are...master chefs for sure.
The cookies are already even pre-cut out!! We simply removed them from the packaging, and placed them on the tray. Genius!
Yay for ovens in our floor kitchens, is all I can say!
And the finished product...delicious! Must be eaten warm and in the company of good friends. :)
Now that I think about it, our floor has been the dinner table of many a culinary adventure...
We ordered in Domino's Pizza one night...totally not like the Dominos at home!! But it was so cool, we ordered online and it fully kept us updated as to exactly where our pizza was...from the dough to the oven to the boxing to the delivery! Australia should definitely implement this - I felt like such a valued customer!
I don't have a photo of it, but we ordered from Jimmy Johns online a few nights ago too...and that was not as cool, but still super cool because you could customise whatever you wanted on your sub! I probably sound like such a country hick right now...but I'm proud of it :)
More blogs to come...I think it's time to share my New York adventures!
What happened to all my cookie dough at home? the other two blame you. im sure we baked only about 1/4 of the dough - the rest was diverted to the mouth before making the oven!!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had fun.
They blame me because I'm not there to defend myself...I actually never had a bite!! Ask your wife where it went. ;)
ReplyDeleteGenius? Or LAZY- half the fun of cooking making is the cutting! but prefect for uni students I must say
ReplyDelete