(aren't we so cute??)
Now when I heard 'barn dance', I envisioned a hall or something somewhere. But no, we had an actual barn, with an actual professional barn dance caller!! :) It was the funniest. Some people are just not blessed with coordination skills!
But by far my favourite part of the night was towards the end...everyone got into a big circle, girls on the outside and guys on the inside...and we did the Heel and Toe!! I never thought I'd be so happy to do a dance in all my life! The girls laughed at me, because I couldn't stop saying 'OH MY WORD I know this one!!'! Call me a crazy excited homesick Aussie. :)
Moving on to the second sweet experience...tie dye! It was an event put on by the residence hall council...and all we had to do was sign up and we got a t-shirt, then were set loose with rubber bands and dye and a few instructional sheets that showed how the shirt might maybe possibly turn out if you were a professional. Which we definitely were not!
Our best excited tie dye faces.
Caution, artist at work!! :) My method mainly consisted of putting the pretty colours together and hoping for the best.
I may have gotten slightly overeager also, and attempted to tie dye without gloves. My hands were slightly off-colour for a few days...no permanent damage though :)
And...drumroll please...the finished product!! Nora's turned out rather stylishly...mine looks a bit like a rainbow puked on it. But I like it!!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is all I have time for today, as it is definitely past my bedtime? My poor eyes don't want to stay open anymore. Cookie adventures tomorrow? :)
you make me LOL-out-loud....
ReplyDeletelove Mom
Oh, you are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHA. A rainbow puked on it?? nice... Mum keeps telling me that my room looks like a clothes shop puked on it :D
ReplyDeleteA rainbow puked on it! Def! :)
ReplyDelete