For those who don't know, I spent the first half of Thanksgiving break in New York with my international 'family' (and I will get around to blogging on that!!). The second half I spent in South Carolina with my beautiful friend Jess, her fiancee and her two adorable girls.
Now, there were many reasons that I loved South Carolina. For one, it was 24 degrees and SUNNY on Thanksgiving! I definitely gave thanks for that. :) Check it out, it was even SO NICE out that we took a walk, in singlets and flip-flops, and I even dipped my toes in a pool without fearing frostbite :D
And I'm sure you're all wondering about the traditional Thanksgiving meal, complete with turkey and mashed potatoes. Well, we had the turkey! haha. (Mom, you'd laugh so much - Jess totally had a moment when we were all seated with food on our plates and then went OH NO, I forgot to make mashed potatoes!! Good to know that we aren't the only people that forget to cook parts of meals, LOL). But even without potatoes, it was an absolutely delicious meal, and definitely the best Thanksgiving I've ever had - probably because I shared it with such lovely people. :)
Jess getting everything ready...look how fast her hands go! LOL.
Sean carving the turkey...no, it's not at all scary that he has a really big knife? ;)
And the finished product...with Jess looking lovely and Jenna looking totally thrilled? We had turkey, green beans, candied sweet potatoes (which I doubted at first but in the end, I was convinced they are so yummy!), stuffing, and bread rolls...with the yummiest jello, raspberry and marshmallow creation for dessert! (Jess, I still must get that recipe from you!)
And once dinner was done, we sat and watched Monster-In-Law and ate pumpkin pie...what a lovely way to finish off the day! And Taylor brushed my hair and put a bow in it...LOL, doesn't it look fabulous?
All in all, it was a really really fun day, super relaxing, and a fantastic first Thanksgiving. :)
Oh Sarah I love it!! I couldn't have said it any better myself, it was Lovely! It was amazing to have you and the girls are still bragging about our friend from "Alaska...uhh umm MOM WHERE IS SARAH MY JOY FROM?!... RIGHT! AUSTRALIA!! That's from the other side of the world!" Oh it's cute!
ReplyDeleteStill can't believe I forgot the mashed taters... :P
Jess, Thanks for having Sarah for Thanksgiving and looking after her so well.
ReplyDeleteBarry