My apologies for how long it took to come up with a follow-up to part one. Who knew that the last few weeks of my university career (!!) would actually require some hard work and study?!
So, we're in New York. We took a subway across to Brooklyn, and took a lovely walk through Brooklyn. I really wish that we had more time there, because there were so many little places that just looked so charming! :) But our wonderful 'tour guide' Jendrik brought us here, for the typical tourist-y photo with the Manhattan skyline in the background. Love it!
And of course, no visit to New York is complete without a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge...far out, I just have to say, the bridge is a lot longer than it looks!!
That evening we went to a show on Broadway...none other than Mary Poppins! (It turns out there's a place in Times Square where you go in the afternoon, and you can get half-price tickets to that night's show!) We had pretty good seats, and my goodness, the show was just amazing! The singing and dancing and costumes and sets were simply incredible. And of course, it wouldn't be Mary Poppins if there wasn't a bit of flying around on an umbrella...this was one of the coolest things I have seen in my entire life, probably.
The next day we attempted to wake up and get going before 11am (which didn't happen!) and headed for the Statue of Liberty. We just made it onto one of the last ferries of the day on the way over, and proceeded to do our tourist thing. My only regret is that I never purchased one of those Statue of Liberty crowns :(
But to make up for the disappointment, I just pretended to be the Statue without the crown anyway!
We went up the Empire State Building later that night too...it was incredible. Unfortunately, my camera battery died before I could take any super cool photos! :( Disappointing. But it was still so cool to see how big but how small Manhattan is! And we were lucky, it was a really clear night, and we could see for ages into the distance...even all the way to New Jersey, apparently?
And what would a tourist-y day in New York be without a visit to the Hard Rock Cafe? I know this is a terrible photo, but it's Nora and her boyfriend Fabie...we had such fun. The food was amazing, and it was like a museum of music...definitely my kind of museum!
See, an amazing Hard Rock Cafe burger. I even managed to finish it all...this was one of my proudest moments?
Part three (the final part, I promise!) is still to come...would you believe there's an INCREDIBLE amount of things to see in New York City? ;)
Love the first photo!! Iconic New York tourists! awesome memories, you blessed child!
ReplyDeleteLove you too btw
Mom
Soooo cool! Mom is right - you are a blessed child, and you have worked hard to do what you have done. Well done. Enjoy the memories and make some more.
ReplyDeleteLove