Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm baaaack!

So yes, I have noticed that my last blog entry was all the way back at Homecoming. So much has happened since then...we had Halloween, a trip home to Australia, a frantic week of catching up everything I missed while home in Australia, WAY too many airports, and then the last glorious week - Thanksgiving break in New York and South Carolina! :) so, this update will be in several parts, spread over the rest of this week. Because there's pretty much a photo for everything, and I really want to share!!

We'll start with Halloween. Mostly a noteworthy occasion because it involved hilarious costumes, and a really fun night out. And for those who are worried about Halloween being evil, here in Charleston Illinois, the most evil that people get up to on Halloween is probably seeing who can dress up as the skankiest version of whoever they are choosing to dress up as. I saw way more flesh than I really ever wished to see, haha! Some people I actually really felt sympathy for - because they definitely weren't wearing much, and it's Illinois in late October - not warm by any means!! But that's all I shall say on that matter...what happens at college...? ;)

Would you yump if you saw this character in a dark alley? :)

Some of the sweetest costumes out...haha, everything from the Matrix to Tom Cruise in that scene from Risky Business (if you don't know, don't look it up on YouTube!)

The cutest Christmas elf and her present...they were told quite a few times that they got the wrong holiday, LOL!

me and JiYoung, who started out as little Red Riding Hood and ended up as a devil when she found a pair of horns along the way :)

Me as Lady GaGa (I couldn't think of anything scarier!! I am rather disturbed to admit that I own everything in my costume besides the hat and wig...I'm still trying to return the hat to its rightful owner :S )

But all in all, my first (and most likely my last!) Halloween experience was a success.

Tomorrow's post...a barn dance, the ancient hippie art of tie-dye, and cookie-cooking adventures. Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back blogger of note!!! Yes I would yump all the vay to the next willage!
    Love Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for finding your way back to EIU. Quite an effort I must say. You will be glad to get back to the weather here in Rocky I bet! Soooo happy you are blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete