But anyway. What have I been up to in the last two weeks??
I've discovered the wonders of online shopping and free shipping within the US...oh eBay and Victoria's Secret, why must you tempt me so?! And then the Australian dollar having a fantastic exchange rate at the moment...come on, it would have tempted even the most non-shopaholic! :)
We had a fabulous girls shopping weekend in Champaign and Tuscola (outlet shop paradise!)...don't we look cute in the hats??! We looked even cuter in our adorable little rental car - and Nora and Elena were so so happy because it was a good German car - none other than a mint-green VW beetle!
(I'm not quite sure what exactly we were laughing at, but I'm sure it was funny at the time!!)
We only paid for a little economy car, but the car rental company was late to pick us up, and then we used our female powers of persuasion to get an upgrade to the Beetle ;) and the lovely car rental man was so nice that he even gave us his personal mobile number and said to call if we got lost in Champaign...sadly, we were really good navigators. Except for a moment at the end of the night when we figured out we were driving the wrong way on the interstate and were actually headed to Indiana.
Oh, and the moment where we turned the wrong way into a one-way street.
Or maybe the moment when all four of us girls were standing around the petrol pump with looks of utter confusion on our faces...until we figured out the stupid diagram on the pump that said we had to push that lever before the petrol would work. I promise, it was NOT a normal petrol pump! We are highly intelligent ladies. ;)
See? Super smart. :)
Anyway, it was a very successful day. It was just SO nice to have a car, and the freedom to take it wherever we wanted to go, whenever we wanted to go there...sadly, wherever we wanted to go was to alll the shops we could find...and the poor little Beetle almost didn't have enough room to fit everything in! I'm not kidding, we actually had to squish down all our bags so the trunk would shut. Luckily it was pretty much all clothes, so it was squishable! Here's the evidence if you don't believe me...
Such a good girls weekend. :) And oh, the looks me and Nora got from all the other girls in the dorm when we were staggering up the steps with allll those bags - they were like girls, wow, where have YOU been shopping?!
So I have banned myself from shopping until I get to New York. Purely because I now have NO idea how I'm going to get allll of this stuff back home with me! Unless I wear about sixty layers of clothing on the plane.
There's so many more stories I can tell - there was a barn dance the other night that was a heap of fun, our hall council did tie-dyeing tonight and my fingers went purple, and I think the gorgeous fall colours around here deserve a whole blog of their own! :) It's the prettiest season ever.
But that's all for tonight...stay tuned for more? xx
my favourite blog yaya its like a tame episode of gg but i have to wait 3 weeks to get one ep
ReplyDeletexoxo
Bryce
SO POST PHOTOS OF THE DANG AMAZING AUTUMN!!!!!!! Totally jealous. This made me laugh! You should slowly post back all your clothes haha...love you :) (I bet you can guess who this is! :D)
ReplyDeleteSo, your car has a trunk hey? I thought only elephants have a trunk ;) I feel Ellie may have the right idea and you will have to post stuff back haha. Miss you heaps.
ReplyDeleteLove
Didzi
And the donor of your "clothes-shopaholic" genes (there must be more than one!) is GREEN with envy! Will you be my size by the time you get back? xxxOOOxxx TheDuckess
ReplyDelete