Thursday, September 2, 2010

food...glorious food?

Obviously one of the biggest differences between America and Australia, that I've experienced so far, is something that manifests itself in daily life. It's something that you can't escape, no matter how hard you try. And, I'm sure, if Americans visit Australia they probably have similar differences of opinion.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am talking about food.

Of all the exotic and eccentric foods that I have encountered in my two weeks here so far, there are a few stand-out efforts.

First prize goes to the strangest thing I have ever seen - Big Mac Pizza. 

No, that is not a typing error. Just think about this for a moment. 

 +  = ...

I didn't take a photo, sadly. Envision these two things, COMBINED. Lettuce, pickles, plastic cheese and all.
Seriously, lettuce on a pizza?! I was too stunned to even try it.

Second prize, awarded to possibly the naughtiest breakfast cereal ever.

You like cookies? You like milk? You like breakfast? 
Well now, thanks to American genius, you can have all three of these things all at once.


Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Cookie Crisp. So bad, but so good!

And since prizes are handed out in threes, the third prize goes to a sadly endangered entity, one which we must fight to save.


Yes, it is the salad. And I'm doing my best to bring salad back? It's like bringing sexy back, but not as easy. Ha. Wish me luck!


7 comments:

  1. What do you mean? They have different varietes of salad all the time at the dining centers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I saw much salad over there...hmmm thinking....there was a salad (if you could call bean salad a salad) and some lettuce at a dine in pizza place.
    Oh I must say the pizza looks soooooo good over there and huge!!!!
    And I saw and tasted dill potato salad, it's alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Fly the salad flag on behalf of Larry the Cucumber and friends!
    haha
    love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dew wanna bring sexy back, you GOTTA bring salad back - otherwise you bring HIPPO back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there little quack! No roast duck a la orange? And you never mentioned my fave - choccy anything? Anyway sounds like good experiences being had and savoured. Hilarious about the water, I'm sure your carbs are kept up without fructose sugars! Miss your visits so much! lovenkisses, Gran&Granpa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooops, looked back, there are those cookie crisps! They look really sinfully nutritionless ... Please bring me some ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely up for some cookie crisps...I mean salad, of course...mmm...

    ReplyDelete